Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 229 - Source of Strength

S O S

Inside of me is a Source of Strength
I know it's there
I know it

So why do I struggle so?

When life has beaten me down
When I almost lost my life
My Source of Strength pulled me through

Source of Strength
S O S
My own personal life preserver

When the waters are deep
When the waves batter away at me
My SOS saves me

So why do I struggle so?

When the tough stuff happens -
Life or Death
Fight or Flight
Sink or Swim
I pull myself up and carry on
I survive
I am a Survivor

So why do I struggle so?

Day to day
Hour to hour
Moment to moment
I struggle

I struggle to smile
To laugh
To live
To love

I struggle to sleep
To wake up
To eat
To stop eating


I struggle to stand up and move
I struggle to sit down and take a break

I struggle to find my voice
My direction
My purpose

I know I am here for a reason
I know I have survived for a reason
I know I am an amazing being
Worthy of all the world has to offer
I know I have much to offer the world

So why do I struggle so?

When push comes to shove
I know I can dig deep
My Source of Strength will come through
And help me rise above

But where is it moment to moment?

Where is it -
When the tears are pouring down my face for days on end
And no one is there to wipe them away?

When the world is lonely and scary?

When the little things aren't so little
But instead seem like giants trying to crush me?

When the lemons have dried up and there is no possible way
To make lemonade?

Where is my Source of Strength then?

It is still there
Inside me
Waiting patiently for me to find it

Waiting for me to feel what I need to feel
Go through what I need to go through
Learn what I need to learn
To cry the tears that need to be shed
To fight the internal battles in my head

My Source of Strength is always there

Like good days and bad days
It has Strong days and weak days
But it is ALWAYS there
And on those weak days
It is Stronger than I realize


It is what dries my tears
And overcomes my fears

It is what gets me up and moving
When all I want to do is sleep

It tells me it's okay to rest
When life is out of control and I don't have time to

It helps me find new lemons
And ways to bring a smile to my face

It is what guides me in finding my voice
My direction
My purpose

My Source of Strength is the internal hug I need
To get me through the sad, lonely, rough days

The struggles are real
They will always be there

But my Source of Strength is real too
And ALWAYS present, even when it is quiet

I AM my Source of Strength
And I can do anything


Andrea Morgan  July 27, 2016

Source of Strength
Acrylic on canvas 24x24


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...