Friday, July 15, 2016

Day 228 - painting

Boy it's been a while. Been on vacation and had a hundred other things going on pulling me in many directions. The call to create has been there but I've kinda been feeling in a rut lately. Still trying to figure out where I want to go with art. The logical thing is to figure that out on canvas, not in my head. But I just haven't been able to make myself do that. I follow a lot of other artists on Facebook, probably part of my problem - I need to stop comparing and getting stuck in the "I can't compete with that" mind trap.  Anyway, one of my favs, Flora Bowley, posted today - "when there are no words, paint it out." That statement pulled me into the studio just now and this is what came out. Not sure what it's saying, and it will probably take many more layers to figure that out. Or it might just stay as it is. I dunno. But I do know I need to get back in the studio again. I need to pull out my sketchbook and pencils again. Because I think this disconnect I have with myself and life is because I am not fully being me. Art is who I am and I've been letting too many other things pull me away lately. Need to stop that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...