Thursday, August 25, 2016

Day 231 - Power, Purpose, Pleasure

I am posting this on the same day as my previous post but these paintings were done on different days, I just didn't get them posted in a timely fashion. This painting I did yesterday. As I mentioned, I attended a personal development summer camp for women last week through Stratejoy. The topic of the camp was Power (expressing your truth), Purpose (your inner truth's anchor) and Pleasure (doing what you like). These topics and the things we journaled about were actually quite difficult to think and talk about. There was a lot of confronting our inner selves and moving beyond our comfort zones. But through the tears and difficult tasks, we all emerged a little stronger in our selves. We left pieces of our selves that no longer served us behind (through a fire ceremony), and opened up doors to paths we hadn't realized we were meant to go down. As I said earlier, art once again became a huge focus for me. The calling is so strong right now I almost wish I didn't have to sleep or do other business stuff so I could just sit in the studio all day and night and create haha. So many ideas for paintings and other creative things in my head right now I fear I will lose them before I can create them. Since returning home I posted a few of my paintings in my camp fb group and they were very well received. Several people are asking for prints. Which is amazing, yet also scary. Its a direction I have wanted to go in, but have yet to do, once again because of unfounded fears. I have committed myself to the task now however. I have been researching the business aspects of printing and setting up an online shop all day today and hope to have that up an running here in the near future. It is scary to put myself out there, but it also feels like the next right step for me. It feels good in my soul - and that is my purpose - to love myself and follow my soul.

So this painting is in honor of my experiences at camp. The background I have been messing with and changing for several months now. You may recognize it if you have looked back thru my archives at all. I have never been happy with it and every couple months I change it again. I think there are at least 3 layers to it, each with a variation of a giant heart. It has been sitting in my studio waiting for the right moment to change it up again. The idea for this painting was actually going to be done on the other background I did in the previous post. But I was having trouble seeing it clearly on that background. Then I looked over and saw this "heart" background and knew this vision needed to be on this canvas. I love when visions and ideas come together at the right moment, with the right background.

Power, Purpose, Pleasure
20x20 acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...