Friday, November 27, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 27 - Chakras

Connecting with my chakra's (sources of energy within our selves) has been on my mind a lot the last week or so. I first (really) learned about chakra's a year and a half ago when I found Soul Art. Thru reading Laura Hollick's blog posts and learning of the second class she offers in Soul Art dealing with Chakra's, I discovered that a lot of my issues within my self have to do with my chakra's being blocked. I promptly signed up for that class as well as the first one - body-mapping, which is about finding your voice as an artist thru listening to signals from your body. I knew when I signed up that the chakra class was the one I needed the most. However it is in order for a reason - and you must do the first class to get to the second. At least you should. I have access to all the information on the chakra's class but I have denied myself looking at it because I have not finished the first class yet. (that may change now) I made it thru the first class to the point that I needed to start working with other people - teaching them how to do body-mapping - as the point of the class is not only to connect with yourself, but to help others learn to connect with themselves. Once I have done that, and finished the class, I will actually be certified to teach Soul Art. For me though it is more of a personal journey then a teaching journey, but it is a great bonus to have.

Full disclosure - The reason I haven't finished the class is because I have few friends and have no idea who I would teach this too. I've been scared to approach people and open myself up like this. I fully believe in it - it has been a profound experience for me thus far - I just don't have the confidence in myself right now to talk about it and show others how to do it too. I know that is part of the journey I am on, I just keep letting life get in the way and finding excuses not to move forward and finish it. But I'm working on it.

I've been doing alot of soul searching the last few weeks. Reading about and trying some meditation. Journaling. Last year I bought some Kundalini Yoga dvd's which are about connecting with your chakras thru yoga and movement. Last week I pulled one of them out and did it - And I seriously struggled. Especially on the lower ones. There are seven chakras -

1.  Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
  • Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
  • Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
  • Color: Red
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
  • Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
  • Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
  • Color: Orange
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
  • Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
  • Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
  • Color: Yellow
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
  • Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
  • Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
  • Color: Green
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
  • Location: Throat.
  • Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
  • Color: Blue
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
  • Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
  • Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
  • Color: Indigo
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
  • Location: The very top of the head.
  • Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
  • Color: Violet

So as I said I struggled a lot during the moves in my yoga dvd for the first three chakras. It was very frustrating for me, and I knew I was struggling because I am severely blocked in the first 3 - I feel lost and ungrounded and worried about money, Sex and my connection to others is severely lacking right now, and I have low self esteem. All things I'm trying to work on - I NEED to work on, but I am struggling with. I am actually blocked in all 7 of the chakras. The heart chakra is known as the bridge or transition chakra between the lower 3 (which are more associated with your inner self) and the upper three (which are associated with your higher self and connection to the universe). But its the first 3 that typically need the most work when you are feeling out of sorts - you cannot reach the upper levels without healing the lower levels first.

Look at the colors associated for those first 3 chakras. If you have read thru my blog at all you will notice that the colors that have been calling me extremely loudly since the beginning of this blogging journey,  the colors I have been struggling with and do not like much, if at all, and the colors of the first 3 chakras......are one and the same. Red. Orange. And Yellow.  

Holy Shit.

It literally just dawned on me this afternoon. 

No wonder red orange and yellow have been calling me. Not only do I need to heal my discord with the colors themselves, I need a lot of healing in those chakras. Another profound realization. 

I'm telling you - this Soul Art stuff is......profound. I don't know another word that fits for what it is showing and doing to me. Crazy? Unreal? Unbelievable?  All of those fit but ultimately its just......Profound.

Before I made this connection today I decided to do a chakra painting. I think its quite obvious to me right now that I need to embark on a chakra healing journey. So I decided to do a painting honoring all of the colors, before I start at the beginning with the first one. 

I just wanted to do something quick and simple so i took out a smaller canvas - about 12x12, and decided to use some high flow acrylics. They are very watery high pigmented paints almost like a slightly thicker ink. I painted the edges a deep blue color, laid the canvas flat on a table and just poured on the colors letting them flow and run into each other. 




After a bit of blending and picking up the canvas to tilt it and move the colors around, I set it down to let the colors do their own thing. I turned on an overhead fan to help the paint dry a bit because its extremely wet as you can see in the picture. It was at this point that I made the connection to the chakras and my dislike of red orange and yellow, and their need for healing, And the yoga struggles I faced. So I left my studio and sat down at my computer to write this blog.  I've been in my office here for probably an hour or so. I decided to go back in and see what magic the flowing paint had evolved into as it began to dry. Do you see it? 








What looks like a person with arms outstretched has appeared in the reds and orange. I swear I had nothing to do with that. When I left the room it looked like the painting above. Once again it feels like a sign from the universe that I need healing and I am on the right path. I dont think I could have planned a better painting for my chakras. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...