Friday, November 27, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 27 - Chakra's

Tip of the day - SAVE YOUR WORK AS YOU WORK ON IT!!!

I spent the last 2 hours writing out this post - and I don't know what I did - but I hit something - and it EFFING DISAPPEARED!!

It was done too. I was just proofreading and correcting. And it was a good one. It was beautiful. And now its gone. I literally cried. Now I have to start all over again. I'm so upset.

You know the only thing I can figure, is that post was not meant to happen the way it was written for some reason. I don't know why because I thought it was great. I don't even remember some of it now. Which sucks. I suppose that means something too. Sigh. Cant believe its gone.

Well, here's hoping version 2 is better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I've been thinking a lot about my chakra's in the last week or so. Chakra's are the energy centers in your body. When they are blocked or out of alignment they can cause illness and disconnect. When they are flowing life feels good and easy. I first learned about them when I discovered Soul Art in May of 2014. I signed up to take a class on healing your chakra's thru art and Soul Art, but I have yet to embark on that journey because technically I need to finish the first class before I move on to the second one. I keep letting life and excuses get in the way of doing what I know I need to be doing with those classes though. But I think its become obvious that I need to start working on my chakra's now.

I've been doing a lot of inner work lately -reading about connecting with yourself, listening to my soul, and meditating. Journaling. Painting. Last year I purchased some Kundalini Yoga dvd's which help you connect to your Chakra's thru movement and yoga. I've been meaning to add them into my workout routine, so last week I pulled one of them out to do And I struggled. Especially during the first 3 chakra's. I just couldn't connect and get the movements right (especially during the freestyle parts - move however you want to move) and I was getting very frustrated and angry with myself. I just could not move. I realized at the time, I was struggling because I am severely blocked in those 3 lower chakra's. I've known for a year and a half now that I've needed to heal my chakra's, and throughout the week and especially today -  it has become clear I need to move that healing up to sooner, rather than later.


There are 7 Chakra's in your body -


1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
  • Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
  • Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
  • Color: Red

2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
  • Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
  • Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
  • Color:  Orange

3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
  • Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
  • Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
  • Color: Yellow

4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
  • Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
  • Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
  • Color: Green

5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
  • Location: Throat.
  • Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
  • Color: Blue

6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
  • Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
  • Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
  • Color: Indigo

7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
  • Location: The very top of the head.
  • Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
  • Color: Violet

So as I said, I was struggling with my yoga and the first 3 chakra's last week. I know I am the most blocked in those areas - I've been lost and wandering (ungrounded) and worried about money, sex and relationship issues are on my mind constantly, And I've always had a severe lack of confidence and self worth. I actually have blockages in all my chakra's. The heart chakra is known as the bridge or transition chakra between the lower 3 (connecting with your inner self) and the upper 3 (connecting with others and the universe.) Love from the heart chakra is what binds everything together. But you cannot heal the heart or the upper levels without first healing the lower 3 chakra's. They are the root of all your problems and struggles. I know this and it is why my need to explore them has become strong lately. 

But did you notice something about the first 3 chakra's? Look at their colors. 

If you have read thru my blog at all you will note that the colors that have been calling me loudly since day 1 on here, the colors I dislike the most and have been needing to come to terms with, and the colors of the first 3 chakra's.......are one and the same. Red. Orange. And Yellow. 

Holy Shit! (as she picks her mouth up off the floor)

I literally just made this connection today. And it was a profound revelation for me.

Its no wonder these colors have been calling me so strongly. I hate yellow the most - no wonder my self esteem is so low. Not only have I needed to heal my discord with the colors themselves, but I am in extreme need of healing these first 3 chakra's and my connection to myself. 

Before I made this revelation I decided to do a painting honoring the chakra's today. I just wanted to do something quick and simple, so I took out a small 12x12 inch canvas. I painted the sides a deep dark blue, laid the canvas flat on a table, and then took high flow acrylics (which are like watery highly pigmented inks) and poured them on the canvas letting them flow into each other. 




I blended the edges together a bit just to cover any white space and tilted and turned the canvas a bit to aid in the blending,  but then set it down again to let the colors move on their own. Though I did turn on the overhead fan (on low) to aid in some airflow and drying.

 It was at this point that I made the connection of the colors red orange and yellow to my yoga struggles and chakra's, and decided I need to address it here. So I left the studio and went to my office computer to type this out. After about an hour I went back into the studio to see how the canvas was drying and what sort of magic might have happened with the colors blending into each other and this is what I saw -







Do you see it? I see what looks like a person without outstretched arms (a sign of freedom and healing) in the reds and oranges. I swear I had absolutely nothing to do with this. I didn't use a brush or my fingers or anything. When I left the room it looked like the picture above. When I returned this is what had appeared. Its as if the universe is giving me a sign that I am on the right path in my healing and self discovery journey. I could not have intentionally painted a better chakra connection painting if I'd wanted to. And the red is super strong, overtaking the whole painting  begging me to start my healing.

Another profound sign for my Soul. 

Profound. 

I really don't know of a better word to describe some of things I have been going thru and discovering about myself and the universe. Every time I do something Soul Art wise, or any kind of soul connecting for that matter - the messages I receive and the things I learn are just simply....profound.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


End note - So I finished round 2 and it might honestly be a bit better than my first draft. I hit publish, and the list of all my posts came up. And guess what was there - my first draft! WTF?!! It was gone. But now its back? Sigh. I don't get it. It wasn't there before. Oh well. This one is better anyway. Slightly different, but better. ;-)




1 comment:

  1. The end result is shockingly beautiful.

    Also, the orange appears where your heart would be- if it is a person. Coincidence?

    ReplyDelete

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...