Friday, November 13, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 13 - STRONGER

It's Ironic that today is Day 13 in my Art Every Day plan. 13 is my favorite/lucky number. Odd that a lot of people are superstitious of a number - maybe that's why I like it. Something about that draws me to it I think - its power over people that make them afraid of it. Its just a number. I'm sure there are tales out there about its power and why it is considered bad - but in the end it is an individual thing - like Art is. It only has the power that we give to it. It is as good or bad as we perceive it to be. For me, it is good and brings me luck and strength.

So it was ironic that I woke up today and had the vision to paint this quick little painting, then sat down to write this blog and realized it was the 13th. Its even Friday the 13th - a VERY superstitious day for some people.

But a good day for me. In fact as I'm writing this I'm feeling the energy of it start to make me stronger. And it all started with this painting. Crazy how the soul works sometimes - gives you exactly what you need, when you need it, and don't even realize you need it, til you have it.

This week I've been up and down and up and down emotionally. I'm going thru a lot of personal growth and transformation in my life. Some moments are good, others not so much. But I know every moment is leading me down the path I am meant to be on and I have to go thru the lows to appreciate the highs when they come.

Last night I was feeling low, after feeling good during the day. I almost forgot to do my post here yesterday. I was already in bed and realized at 11:45 I had forgot. Thankfully I had taken a picture of the mural quotes I had worked on so I was able to whip out a quick post and stay on track. Then I went back to bed with tears in my eyes, willing myself to let some shit go.

When I finally drug myself awake this morning I was reflecting on my low thoughts and attempting to set them aside. To move on and take the next step I need to take - even if its just getting out of bed and trudging thru the day. I have several mantras I use right now, the main one being - If its meant to be, it will be. But the other one I've been calling on a lot is - I am Stronger. I am stronger than my negative thoughts holding me back and bringing me down. I am stronger, and I can do this - whatever 'this' is.

So as I lay there contemplating my day, and trying to keep the negativity from clouding me yet again, I started in with my mantra. Every negative thought that appeared I said - STOP, I am stronger than you! This is not me, this is just a thought, and a negative one at that. I am stronger than that. I am stronger than I think. I know it!  I AM STRONGER!!!!

And then this painting popped in my head. A blue and teal background (my colors) with orange (my long lost, and new power color) letters. So before I did anything else I headed into the studio and whipped out this little gem.

I am strong! It's Friday (hello weekend!) the 13th, its my lucky number day, the sun is shining, and every day I grow stronger and more powerful in who I am as a person, and as an artist.

The good things are coming. I can feel it.

I AM STRONGER!





1 comment:

  1. I like this one every time I see it. I am glad you got in there and painted.

    ReplyDelete

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...