Friday, December 4, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 34 - mural

Today I worked on the patio bricks and slate. And I struggled. I did the brick parts yesterday but I didn't like it - so I repainted them today. And then repainted them again. I did the background for the slate twice as well - adjusting the colors then started adding all the grout lines. And I hate it. The entire patio. It looks fake and cartoonish. The brick wall looks great - I'm very happy with that. But the patio sucks so far. I keep making adjustments - and I keep not liking it. I know its the black grout lines (the wall has light mortar but the ground is dark )- but that is how it looks in real life. I just cant get it to look right so far. I finally gave up and ended my day early because it was driving me nuts.  So I decided to end the misery, give it the weekend and tackle it again with fresh eyes come Monday. Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...