Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 17 - supplies

Some girls buy shoes. Some buy the latest fashions. Me? I buy art and craft supplies. I'm like a kid in a candy store. Sigh. A somewhat expensive candy store. But the money I save on shoes and fashion sure helps out in my arts and crafts obsession. Sheesh, could you imagine if I was a shoe girl AND an art girl? I'd be broke for sure. But at least I'd look good! ;-)

I realized last night as I started this latest painting I did not have all the colors I needed. When I first stocked my new studio space a few months ago I mostly bought the colors that were speaking me - my favorites and some basics. I didn't go super crazy because art supplies are not cheap. I figured when the time came to expand my palate for a particular painting - I would get what I needed then. Well "then" - became today. You might have guessed by the base colors I used yesterday that this painting will involve nature and greenery. I have a few green colors - but not the full variety of shades I need. I told myself as I walked into the art supply store today that I was going to be good and only get what I REALLY needed - some greens and golds/yellows and a few others I am running low on. I knew I wouldn't listen to myself - but it was worth a try. I started off good, until I noticed the sale signs. Sigh. Why does there have to be a sale?! Some of the paints were discounted. Brushes were discounted. And canvas was 50% off!! That's what got me. These giant canvas can be $50, $70 $100+ each depending on the size and quality. So half off?!! Hard to pass that up.

So my quick little trip to pick up a few colors resulted in this -


















Just a tiny bit more supplies then I had planned on getting. Haha!

But really mom - I NEEDED them!!

Ohhhh kay......maybe not ALL of them, right now, today.  But,  I WILL use them all! I swear!!


 Someday. ;-)


And now I'm stocked up for those long winter's nights when its too cold to go out and do anything - besides paint! So see - it's okay! I was thinking and planning ahead!

I'm pretty smart!


Sooooo anyway.....yeah. My art for today was stocking up on supplies. A VERY important step - hard to work when you don't have all the right tools.

3 comments:

  1. Your art for the day was the art of shopping for art supplies! Hah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! Hey, it counts - its fuel for the fire! Entering an art store is like a visionary explosian for an artist and you have to have the vision first to create the masterpiece! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! Hey, it counts - its fuel for the fire! Entering an art store is like a visionary explosian for an artist and you have to have the vision first to create the masterpiece! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...