Saturday, December 26, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 56 - Christmas paintings and sketch

So here are the paintings I did for Christmas gifts. They all went over very well.



This one was for my son's girlfriend. Gray and red are her favorite colors and I wanted to do something kinda fun and girly and different for her. She loved it and its the exact colors she is redoing her room to - and I had no idea. I just knew she liked those colors and it seemed to fit her when I saw a similar design online.

 I had a blast doing this one and its one of my favorites of all the recent paintings I've done. I think I'm going to do more like this in the near future.  24x24 acrylic on canvas





This is from a photograph of my husband playing golf. I simplified the background, took out buildings and kinda made it abstractish.  18x24 acrylic on canvas




This was for my son, a PlayStation fan. Simple, but it means something to him. 
16x20 acrylic on canvas




This is for, and of, my in-laws on a trip in West Virginia, I believe. I struggled a lot with this one, but it turned out pretty well in the end. They loved it and that's what counts.
     18x24 acrylic on canvas



And this is my art for today - a quick pencil sketch.



1 comment:

  1. These are all amazing. I am particularly fond of the one of D, the likeness is extraordinary. You are just plain amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...