Saturday, December 12, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 42 - heart healing

So the last few days I have been not feeling well. I have a heart condition that every once in a while causes me to feel extremely slow and worn out. I call them slow heart rate days. Its normal for me and something I recognize and accept because I have no choice and cannot change it. My body just has days that it is says - Nope - we are not going to function today. Its a rest day whether you like it or not. It usually lasts a day or so and I am forced to rest no matter what is going on in my life. It hit me in the middle of the day on Thursday and I had to quit work early that day. I woke up okay on Friday but it was not gone. I tried to fight my way thru the day but was forced to quit early again as it continued to grip me. It lasted a bit longer than normal probably because I didn't listen, was stubborn and wanted to get further than I was in my mural. In the end though - I could not, and had to leave to rest.  I got a bit concerned Friday evening, but it finally released its vise by the time I went to bed.

Today I am still worn out, so I am taking it easy once again. I did some soul reading this morning and decided I needed to paint myself a Soul Art Heart Healing painting. I need to bring the flow of Love back into myself and my heart, on many levels. I am gearing up for some big changes next year, mainly with my health and my soul - taking better care of myself. I am working on gathering all the pieces so that on January 1st I am ready to turn the corner on the new me.

But today my heart needed some self care. This piece is a mixed media piece. It is a 12x12 canvas painted with acrylics. I then added glitter, some flowers and some gem swirls - all things I love in colors that I love. Yes even the yellow heart. This painting is me in every way. It is a symbol to remember to love myself even when I don't feel very lovable. It is a symbol to take care of myself, because without my heart, I do not exist both physically, and spiritually. Without Love I am just an empty shell. I do not want to be an empty shell. I have so much love to give, I just need to be brave enough to let it flow.

Have a beautiful magical day!



1 comment:

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...