Thursday, November 5, 2015

Art Every Day - Day 5 - mural

Well its after 10 pm, Day 5 is almost over and I once again have not been able to get back in the studio. But I didn't want to skip my post for today - So my mural work is once again my daily creativity.


Today I worked on another quote, this time in a hallway. It was the lyrics to the song "Simple Gifts"
I found a version online that had different types of fonts for each of the lines in the song so I copied that onto the wall. There are 11 lines and I chose to do use 5 different colors of paint markers from a golden ochre color to a dark brown. They matched the adjacent carpeting colors and looked really good together. It took me a lot longer to do then I thought it would today. The lighter colors needed several coats, and some of the fonts were on the complicated side, making them more time consuming. But overall it turned out well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in Magic

  Goodness its been a long time since I’ve written here in this blog. A lot of changes have happened in the last year or so – unexpectedly h...